Welcome to the Center for Microbial Systems, Ecology and Evolution
Microbiological research takes place in different schools, colleges and departments at University of Connecticut (UConn) and at the University of Connecticut Health Center (UCHC). In aggregate these researchers provide an impressive resource for know-how on microorganisms, their ecology, physiology, and evolution.
Genomics and proteomic technologies have revolutionized the ways microbial systems are studied. Researchers at UConn have developed and use an array of techniques, ranging from measurements of gas concentration in natural and engineered microbial communities to proteomics and metagenomic studies. Our goals is to help foster collaboration between UConn's microbiologists and to help other researchers to find UCONN scientists with specific skill sets.
The excellent reputation, scholarly success and collaborative work of the UConn microbiology community provide the foundation for the Center for Microbial Systems, Ecology and Evolution. This Center will provide on umbrella to take advantage of training grant opportunities and further multiple investigator grants. Microbiology at UConn is already well known to investigators outside the University as evidenced by current grant support and the placement of our PhD graduates. The CMSEE will allow UConn to expand this recognition on the national level.
Recent publications in PubMed
- Male and female reproductive fitness costs of an immune response in natural populations. De Lisle SP, Bolnick DI Evolution; international journal of organic evolution (2021) : 10.1111/evo.14266
- A Comparison of Two Tai Chi Interventions Tailored for Different Health Outcomes. Wu Y, Senk C, Coll P, Glenney S, Zaborowski K, Fortinsky R, Taylor B, Park C, Benson K, McGowan M, DiBiasi S, Chen MH, Pescatello L Complementary therapies in medicine (2021) :102731 10.1016/j.ctim.2021.102731
- Structural modeling of the OMPeome: a roadmap for deconvolution of syphilis pathogenesis and development of a syphilis vaccine. Hawley KL, Montezuma-Rusca JM, Delgado KN, Singh N, Uversky VN, Caimano MJ, Radolf JD, Luthra A Journal of bacteriology (2021) : 10.1128/JB.00082-21
- Levels and Characteristics of mRNAs in Spores of Firmicute Species. Byrd B, Camilleri E, Korza G, Craft DL, Green J, Rocha Granados M, Mok WWK, Caimano MJ, Setlow P Journal of bacteriology (2021) : 10.1128/JB.00017-21
- β-Oxochlorin cobalt(II) complexes catalyze the electrochemical reduction of CO. Nganga J, Chaudhri N, Brückner C, Angeles-Boza AM Chemical communications (Cambridge, England) (2021) 57(36):4396-4399 10.1039/d1cc00573a